Bramble and Elder Course
Introducing the wonderful properties of two our most common plants / shrubs
This course aims to introduce the wonderful properties of two our most common plants / shrubs.
On this course we will look at the following;
- From its amazing blossom, through the deep red berries and finally its decaying form and what you can use each stage for.
- Use the thinner branches for some excellent craft ideas.
- Use long straight branches for friction fire lighting.
Not only does it have fruit in the late summer but it can also be used for so much more.
- Using brambles as ties or withies.
- Harvesting the fibres for natural cordage.
- Using bramble for weaving small foraging baskets.
Southern Peak District