Introduction to Bushcraft - Level II
The ideal follow up to the standard Introduction to Bushcraft Course
This course is the ideal follow up to the standard Introduction to Bushcraft Course we run however its full of great skills on its own :-)
We will introduce you to further skills and leave you with a good understanding which, if you wanted to, can be taken further to increase your depth of knowledge and ability.
As most things in the outdoors take longer than expected we will be working in groups to ensure topics can be covered efficiently.
- Tarpology, using your tarp to best effect.
- Hammocks, easy setup.
- Sharp tools
- knife - different types, sharpening, safe and efficient use – make your own bucksaw to take away with you.
- Folding saws
- Bow saws
- Natural navigation – sun, stars, landscape.
- Tree and plant ID (depending on what’s around of course).
- Different types of fire lighting, taking it further and more practice on the bow drill.
Additional subjects which may get covered if we have time;
- Extended natural cordage, looking at different fibres, joining etc, withies.
- Make your own mallet.
A real adventure which will introduce you to many bushcraft skills. A great way to experience the great outdoors while learning.
This course is aimed at adults and accompanied mid / late teens.
A great experience! Peter is very knowledgeable and made the day interesting in a relaxed environment. I even learnt how to make fire with purely friction of sticks, so got one thing ticked off The bucket List!Ben
Introduction to Bushcraft - part 2
Adult - £49, Teen - £25